Monday, July 22, 2013

Catching up: February 2013 / Youth Fundraiser

 Okay, I know, I am 6 months behind on my blog again!!
I am off work this week for VBS, so I will be taking some time each afternoon to get myself caught up, so you can get caught up on what we have been up to.


Today's catch-up will focus on the month of February.  We had a huge snow storm that I told you about in my December post, and our winter was so incredibly cold that the snow from that storm stayed with us through March!



Our J12 tween ministry has changed into TnT Teens-n-Tweens ministry.

We still had our February Valentine dinner fundraiser, to raise funds for our annual youth retreat (which is, ironically,  this weekend as I sit here typing in July).
The kids had a great time serving as usual, and so did the adult attendees.  We did have a smaller attendance than usual due to the ice and snow still piled up everywhere, but we did have fun.
We also had a raffle this year, raffling off gift baskets.  Becky did the raffle to help raise funds for VBS.
 She is helping co-ordinate this year's VBS, and raised funds for VBS, as part of her senior project.











 The blurry pictures are of the kids dancing.  We opened up the floor for dancing, and had the kids do the chicken dance every few songs to encourage people to dance.  Everybody got a kick out of it











 We did get a couple people out on the floor








 Thomas and Becky danced together






 Later in February, the boys helped serve dinner with the scouts at family game night at the elementary school
So this is my brief take on February.  Join me again tomorrow evening when I will bring you: March!




No comments:

Post a Comment