Tuesday, June 29, 2010

rest & relaxation

We had a busy weekend!

Rebecca came back Saturday night. Her flight was supposed to be in at 10:38, but it was running behind, so it didn't come in until nearly 11:00.

Randy and Laura took the boys to see the new Karate Kid movie with Jaden Smith, then Laura put them to bed and visited her TV. (Randy and Laura are downsizing their home, selling their house and all their furniture so they can go into full time ministry. We bought their 60 inch TV off them, so Laura had to come visit it) :)

George and I went down to Redding, did a little shopping and went out to dinner, then went to the airport to wait for Becky. By the time we picked her up and made it home, it was around 12:15 Sunday morning. We sent Laura home and got Becky situated, then we watched a TV show to wind down, so by the time we went to bed, it was 1:00 am at least. Someone called me at 6:30 am to let me know she would not need a ride to Church, which ruined my plan of wanting to sleep in until 8:00...
I don't normally drink coffee, but I had an espresso and a normal coffee before church. I was supposed to teach children's church, but I ended up switching with Angyl because she'll be out of town next week.

Monday we just wanted to relax, so we put up and started filling the pool my mom gave us, put up a screen room around it to minimize bugs and debris, started a fire in the fire pit and cooked some burgers and dogs.

The kids had a great time splashing in the pool and playing volleyball with beach balls, but of course I didn't think of taking any pictures until everyone went back inside...

The pool is now half full, or half empty, depending on your perspective...

We will be getting some DC pictures up soon, Becky wants to blog them herself.

1 comment:

  1. Your screen room is a great idea!

    We have the exact same pool...

    ReplyDelete